REGISTER FOR EVENTS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
All EVENT PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BY MAIL OR IN PERSON
Small Business Workshop - Cancelled Due To Low Registrations!
This workshop has been cancelled, please be sure to attend the Local Foods Conference in Minot on February 2nd and 3rd to learn about these very important topics.
Do you make soap or blankets, dog biscuits or candles? Do you have a small business crafting items, baking or selling things you’ve grown? This workshop will help you understand the business of being in business!
If taxes, licenses, marketing, and regulations that affect your business confuse you, attend this workshop to learn the basics of being your own boss. Join us and our favorite small business guru Glenn Muske as he provides introductory information and considerations for the following:
· Tax licenses and tax issues
· Forms of business—sole proprietorship, LLC, etc. and how to go about choosing and becoming one – specifically do you need a lawyer to be anything but a sole proprietor?
· Trade names, copyrights, etc.
· Zoning ordinances for home based businesses
· Where to sell (etsy, farmers markets, craft shows, etc.) and how to choose which venue is best for your product
· How to begin marketing your product – the value of testimonials, photos, brochures, etc.
· Booth/product display tips
· Photo tips – did you know that food is best photographed from directly above?
All this knowledge will be bestowed upon our participants at the 2018 Local Foods and NDFMGA Conference in Minot in February 2018. Please be sure to check back often and watch for information in the mail and email with details about the conference!